Ashley Cummins, Alesha Zappitella to battle for vacant atomweight belt at Invicta FC 42
A new Invicta FC atomweight champion will be crowned on Sep. 17.
The event will be held behind closed doors, without fans or media, and will be streamed live on UFC Fight Pass. Fighters will undergo COVID-19 testing prior to their participation in the event.
In her last outing in February, Cummins (7-5 MMA) faced former Invicta FC atomweight champion Jinh Yu Frey in a matchup where only she was eligible to become champ due to Frey missing weight and being stripped of her champion status. Cummins lost the fight via unanimous decision and the title subsequently remained vacant.
Zappitella (7-2 MMA) is coming off back-to-back wins over Kelly D’Angelo at Invicta FC 39 in February and, most recently, Lindsey VanZandt at Invicta FC 40 earlier this month.
The current Invicta FC 42 lineup includes:
- Ashley Cummins vs. Alesha Zappitella – for the vacant Invicta FC atomweight championship
- Raquel Canuto vs. Lisa Verzosa
- Jessica Delboni vs. Herica Tiburcio
- Victoria Leonardo vs. Liz Tracy
- Brittney Cloudy vs. Auttumn Norton
- Jennifer Chieng vs. Flore Hani