Bellator 222 weigh-in results: Jon Fitch weighs in as main event alternate, but not needed
NEW YORK – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting live from Thursday’s early and official Bellator 222 fighter weigh-ins.
The early weigh-ins took place at the Bellator host hotel in New York and precede the ceremonial weigh-ins (which are closed to the public), which take place at 1 p.m. ET. Madison Square Garden hosts Friday’s event, which streams on DAZN following prelims on MMA Junkie.
All 12 main card fighters, including welterweight champion Rory MacDonald (20-5-1 MMA, 2-1-1 BMMA) and Neiman Gracie (9-0 MMA, 7-0 BMMA), who meet in a title fight in the main event, which also serves as a semifinal fight in Bellator’s 170-pound grand prix tournament, were on weight for their respective matchups. That includes Jon Fitch, who was on hand as a potential alternate.
Of the 36 fighters scheduled to compete on the card overall, just one missed weight.
The full Bellator 222 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (DAZN, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Rory MacDonald (169.4) vs. Neiman Gracie (169.8) – for welterweight title; grand prix semifinal
- Lyoto Machida (204.4) vs. Chael Sonnen (205.6)
- Dillon Danis (175) vs. Max Humphrey (174)
- Ricky Bandejas (136) vs. Patrick Mix (135.6)
- Juan Archuleta (145.8) vs. Eduardo Dantas (145.6)
- Champ Darrion Caldwell (134.6) vs. Kyoji Horiguchi (134.4) – for bantamweight title
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Adam Borics (145.4) vs. Aaron Pico (145.4)
- Heather Hardy (127.8) vs. Taylor Turner (127.8)
- Larkyn Dasch (125.8) vs. Valerie Loureda (125)
- Robson Gracie Jr. (168.6) vs. Oscar Vera (168.8)
- Mike Kimbel (136.6)* vs. Sebastian Ruiz (135.6)
- Haim Gozali (178) vs. Gustavo Wurlitzer (176)
- Rena Kubota (111.2) vs. Lindsey VanZandt (111.4)
- Phil Hawes (186) vs. Michael Wilcox (185.4)
- Marcus Surin (185.6) vs. Nekruz Mirkhojaev (154)
- Brandon Medina (124.8) vs. Brandon Polcare (126)
- Whitney Francois (163.8) vs. Kastriot Xhema (164.6)
- John Beneduce (146) vs. Kenny Rivera (155.8)