UFC 238 poster released: Two title fights teed up for Chicago
The UFC is set to return to Chicago with a pay-per-view event that features a pair of championship fights at the top of the bill, as well as a number of top contender matchups.
UFC 238 takes place June 8 at United Center. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and UFC Fight Pass. The official poster for the event has been released and puts the spotlight on the two title contests.
In the main event, UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo (14-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC) moves up a division to fight Marlon Moraes (22-5-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) for the bantamweight title that was left vacant in the wake of T.J. Dillashaw’s drug suspension. And in the co-headliner, Valentina Shevchenko (16-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) looks to make her first defense of the women’s flyweight belt when she takes on Jessica Eye (14-6 MMA, 4-5 UFC).
Check out the UFC 238 poster below, which highlights both bouts (via Twitter):
The UFC 238 lineup now includes:
- Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes – for vacant bantamweight title
- Champ Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Eye – for women’s flyweight title
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Jimmie Rivera vs. Petr Yan
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Alexa Grasso vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Calvin Kattar vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Felice Herrig vs. Yan Xiaonan
The Blue Corner is MMA Junkie’s blog space. We don’t take it overly serious, and neither should you. If you come complaining to us that something you read here is not hard-hitting news, expect to have the previous sentence repeated in ALL CAPS.