UFC 236 Fighter Interview Series: Eryk Anders, Max Griffin, Curtis Millender & Boston Salmon
Our own Shakiel “Shak” Mahjouri recently interviewed four fighters on the UFC 236 PPV card coming out of Atlanta, GA this weekend on ESPN. Check out everything they had to say about their upcoming bouts, and more.
Our own Shakiel “Shak” Mahjouri recently interviewed three UFC 236 fighters all coming off of losses with something to prove at this weekend’s big PPV event on ESPN from Atlanta, Georgia: Middleweight Eryk Anders, Welterweights Max Griffin & Curtis Millender, as well as an interview with upcoming Bantamweight Boston Salmon, who won his last bout in the Contender Series, but hasn’t fought since then, which was back on July 7, 2017.
Last bout stats:
- Eryk Anders last fought Elias Theodorou at UFC 231: Holloway vs Ortega, split decision loss
- Max Griffin last fought Thiago Alves at UFC on ESPN+ 2, split decision loss
- Curtis Millender last fought Elizeu Zaleki dos Santos at UFC FN 146, loss via sub in round one
- Boston Salmon last fought Ricky Turcios on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series Season 1, Episode 1, win via unanimous decision
Upcoming bouts confirmed for UFC 236:
- Eryk Anders, 11-3-0 vs Khalil Rountree, 7-3-0
- Max Griffin, 14-6-0 vs Zelim Imadaev, 8-0-0
- Curtis Millender, 17-4-0 vs Belal Muhammad, 14-3-0
- Boston Salmon, 6-1-0 vs Khalid Taha, 12-2-0
1st - 0:23: ‘Eryk Anders talks Twitter trolls, Nipsey Hussle, Alzheimer’s and Khalil Rountree fight’:
Eryk breaks down his beef with a particular Twitter troll and reacts to the death of rapper Nipsey Hussle. He also speaks on his move back to 205-pounds, fighting Rountree, and taking care of his brain, and more...
- Eryk Anders’ Twitter troll
- The death of rapper Nipsey Hussle
- Move back to light-heavyweight
- Elias Theodorou vs. Derek Brunson at UFC Ottawa
- Eryk Anders’ three favorite things
- Preparing for Alzheimer’s
- Is CBD a fad?
- Eryk Anders predicts finish at UFC 236
2nd - 11:56: ‘Max Griffin reacts to BKFC, expresses dislike for UFC 236 opponent’:
Max expresses his concerns with bare knuckle boxing, reflects on his controversial loss to Thiago Alves, ranks MMA’s cringiest fighters, and reveals how his UFC 236 opponent once tried to pick a fight with a retired Forrest Griffin, and more...
- That time Max Griffin rolled with Forrest Griffin
- Controversial loss to Thiago Alves
- Bare Knuckle FC 5 reaction
- Does Max Griffin feel pressure heading into UFC 236?
- Max Griffin reflects on his opponent’s unsportsmanlike conduct
- Max Griffin ranks MMA’s cringiest fighters
- Max Griffin’s UFC 236 prediction
3rd - 31:02 ‘Curtis Millender wants to beat Belal Muhammad so bad ‘he doesn’t even want to see’ a third round’:
Curtis opens up about his upbringing, his WWE influences and fighting with “a chip” on his shoulder, and more...
- Origins of the “Curtious” nick name
- Wrestlemania 35 hype
- Quick turnaround after loss at UFC Wichita
- What went wrong in Millender’s last fight?
- Where does Millender beat Muhammad?
- Death of rapper Nipsey Hussle
- How Millender got into fighting
- Millender’s UFC 236 prediction
4th - 43:25: ‘Boston Salmon reveals how racism in Hawaii turned him into a fighter’:
Salmon opens up about his upbringing, self-belief and delivers a hot take on Hawaiian pizza, and more...
- Injuries and upcoming fight
- Why isn’t Salmon getting more hype?
- The origins of Boston Salmon’s last name
- The rough side of Hawaii
- Boston Salmon breaks-down his fight
- Boston Salmon’s fight future
For the video versions of these interviews visit us on our BE Presents YouTube channel:
As always, if you enjoyed our show, give us a “REC” here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV , iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
*Intro/Outro music has been provided by OxBow, starring Eugene S. Robinson