UFC 'Fight Island' adds Francisco Trinaldo vs. Jai Herbert to July 25 lineup
It’ll be Brazil vs. England on UFC “Fight Island.”
A lightweight fight has been added to the promotion’s July 25 event as Francisco Trinaldo and Jai Herbert have been booked against one another. They’ll fight on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi as part of the UFC’s fourth event in a 15-day stretch.
A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie on Monday after an initial report by Combate. The person asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Trinaldo (25-7 MMA, 15-6 UFC) has won three out of his most recent four outings. He’s currently riding a two-fight winning streak, having defeated Bobby Green and John Makdessi in back-to-back fights.
Herbert (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the Cage Warriors lightweight champion, will make his promotional debut. He was originally scheduled to fight March 21 against Marc Diakiese in London, but the event was canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
With the addition, the current July 25 lineup includes:
- Darren Till vs. Robert Whittaker
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Alex Oliviera vs. Peter Sobotta
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Nicholas Dalby vs. Danny Roberts
- Tom Aspinall vs. Jake Collier
- Raphael Pessoa vs. Justin Tafa
- Movsar Evloev vs. Mike Grundy
- Bethe Correia vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Jai Herbert vs. Francisco Trinaldo