Zak Ottow replaces Erik Koch, faces Dwight Grant at UFC on FOX 31
Wisconsin native Zak Ottow has stepped up on short notice to take part in a home game.
UFC officials recently announced Ottow (16-6 MMA, 3-3 UFC) has replaced Erik Koch (15-6 MMA, 4-5 UFC) and will now face Dwight Grant (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in a welterweight matchup at UFC on FOX 31, which takes place Dec. 15 at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee.
The night’s broadcast lineup has yet to be finalized, but the main card airs on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Ottow fought most recently in July, suffering a second-round knockout loss to Sage Northcutt. “The Barbarian” has alternated wins and losses since coming to the UFC in 2016, picking up win over Josh Burkman, Kiichi Kunimoto and Mike Pyle but coming short against Sergio Moraes, Li Jingliang and Northcutt.
Meanwhile, Grant makes his UFC debut after picking up a contract with a second-round knockout victory at Dana White’s Contender Series 10 in June. Grant carries a seven-fight winning streak into the contest.
With the change to the card, the UFC on FOX 31 now lineup includes:
- Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
- Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
- Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira
- Zak Cummings vs. Trevor Smith
- Bobby Green vs. Drakkar Klose
- Dwight Grant vs. Zak Ottow
- Jack Hermansson vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Jared Gordon vs. Joaquim Silva
- Adam Milstead vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Jordan Griffin vs. Dan Ige
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
- Juan Adams vs. Chris De La Rocha