Antonina Shevchenko gets new TUF 28 Finale opponent with Ashlee Evans-Smith injured
I have new opponent for my #UFC fight November, 30. Ashlee Evans Smith got injured and South Korean Ji Yeon Kim steps in to the fight. Nice! Will see you in octagon
The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale takes place Nov. 30 at Pearl Theatre in Las Vegas. The event airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.
Shevchenko, 33, made her official MMA debut in April 2003, but only fought three times between then and 2005. She then took a more than 12-year layoff from MMA to focus on her muay Thai career, where she achieved great heights alongside her sister.
“Pantera” returned to the sport in September 2017, though, and won three fights, including a victory at Dana White’s Contender Series 11 in June, to punch her ticket to the UFC. Now she will debut in the weight class where her younger sister could soon be champion.
Looking to play spoiler to Shevchenko’s UFC arrival will be Kim, 29, a South Korean fighter who has won two-straight under the UFC banner.
With the change, the TUF 28 Finale card now includes:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman
- TBA vs. TBA – “TUF 28” heavyweight tournament final
- TBA vs. TBA – “TUF 28” women’s featherweight tournament final
- Bryan Caraway vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Tim Means vs. Ricky Rainey
- Ji Yeon Kim vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Darren Stewart
- Arnold Allen vs. Rick Glenn
- Darrell Horcher vs. Roosevelt Roberts