Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira rematch booked for UFC on FOX 31 in Milwaukee
Charles Oliveira will have an opportunity to get revenge against the first man to tap him out in MMA competition.
Oliveira (24-8 MMA, 12-8 UFC), who holds the UFC record for most submission wins, will have a rematch with Jim Miller (29-12 MMA, 18-11 UFC) at UFC on FOX 31 in December. Miller won the first fight by kneebar submission in less than two minutes at UFC 124 in December 2010.
UFC officials today announced the lightweight bout for UFC on FOX 31, which takes place Dec. 15 at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Oliveira, 29, is coming off a historic victory in his career. His second-round submission of Christos Giagos at UFC Fight Night 137 in September moved him past Royce Gracie in the record books for most submission finishes. More importantly, though, “Do Bronx” has won three of his past four since returning to 155 pounds.
The Brazilian will see if he can extend his streak with the matchup against, Miller, who will be competing for the 31st time under the UFC banner, which is the company record. Miller was the first to reach 30 when he defeated Alex White at UFC 228 by 89-second submission in a contest that also gave him the most wins in UFC lightweight history.
The latest UFC on FOX 31 lineup now includes:
- Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
- Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
- Jordan Griffin vs. Dan Ige
- Bobby Green vs. Drakkar Klose
- Jack Hermansson vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Dwight Grant vs. Erik Koch
- Jared Gordon vs. Joaquim Silva
- Juan Adams vs. Chris De La Rocha
- Adam Milstead vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira