Adrian Pang to face Kota Shimoishi at One Championship: Heart of a Lion
Veteran Brisbane based lightweight Adrian “The Hunter” Pang will return to the cage next month as he takes on Japanese fighter Kota Shimoishi on the One Championship: Heart of a Lion card.
The event takes place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on November 9.
For the first time in Pang’s 17-year professional career, he comes into the fight on the back of four losses and will be eager to prove that he can still match it on this stage. The 41-year-old Papua New Guinean born fighter rarely takes a backward step and is known for his extreme durability and iron-chin, having not been stopped since 2008 despite despite fighting on the international stage for majority of that decade. Pang brings a professional record of 22-12 and 2 draws.
His opponent, 31-year-old Kota Shimoishi fights out Osaka, Japan and represents the Shooto Gym Blows. Bringing 21-6 fight record, Shimoishi made his One Championship debut back in July but was submitted in the third round by Ariel Sexton. Bringing a well-rounded game, Shimoishi was a former Shooto tournament champion as well as a Deep title challenger.
The event will be headlined by women’s strawweight title fight with atomweight champion Angela Lee moving up to weight to challenger “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan for her straweight title in a superfight. In the co-main event, reigning bantamweight champion, the highly regarded Bibiano Fernandes will defend his championship strap against interim title holder Kevin Belingon.
- Xiong Jing Nan (c) vs. Angela Lee – One Championship women’s strawweight title
- Bibiano Fernandes (c) vs. Kevin Belingon (ic) – One Championship bantamweight title
- Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Sorgraw Petchyindee Academy – One Super Series (Kickboxing)
- Alex Silva vs. Pongsiri Mitsatit
- Garry Tonon vs. Sung Jong Lee
- Adrian Pang (Australia/PNG) vs. Kota Shimoishi
- Tiffany Teo vs. Michelle Nicolini
- Muhammad Aiman vs. Shoya Kamikubo
- Hisyam Samsudin vs. Xie Bin
- Abro Fernandes vs. Chan Rothana